What is Kobo Super Points?
NOOK Book. Empress Elisabeth of Austria, known to her family as Sisi, belongs to a famous love story of European royalty - in the Emperor Franz Josef, the most eligible bachelor in Europe, fell in love with her at first sight when she was fifteen; they were married the next year.
The Reluctant Empress by Brigitte Hamann
On the surface, it was a fairytale marriage, all the more poignant, with hindsight, because her death signalled the twilight years of the Habsburg Empire. At the time of its first publication in , Brigitte Hamann's biography, which tells Elisabeth's story from her birth as a member of the Bavarian nobility to her assassination at the hands of an Italian anarchist, led to a revised and deeper understanding of Elisabeth.
During her lifetime she was idolised solely for her grace and beauty; now, for the first time, the Empress was portrayed as a stronger character, bitter at her marriage, seeking independence, and struggling against the powerful influence of her mother-in-law, the Archduchess Sophie.
- Caring for Children with Special Healthcare Needs and Their Families: A Handbook for Healthcare Professionals!
- The Reluctant Empress : A Biography of Empress Elisabeth of Austria!
- About the Book?
- The Reluctant Empress on Apple Books!
Researched by a respected historian, this is the definitive account of Elisabeth's life, death and legacy. See All Customer Reviews. Unterreiner, Katrin: Die Habsburger. Elisabeth and Franz Joseph: wedding and marriage. Elisabeth as an outsider. Traces of a life: Empress Elisabeth. Martin Mutschlechner. May not post to Germany - Read item description or contact seller for postage options.
- The Reluctant Empress;
- The Reluctant Empress.
- Publisher Description.
- Creative Money.
- The Reluctant Empress: A Biography of Empress Elisabeth of Austria, Hamann, Brig | eBay.
- I Know Whats Wrong With Your Mixtape.
- The Elf Mage (Clan Elves of the Bitterroot Book 3)!
See details. Seller's other items. Sell one like this. Similar sponsored items Feedback on our suggestions - Similar sponsored items.
Last one. Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. Item specifics Condition: Good: A book that has been read, but is in good condition.
Join Kobo & start eReading today
Minimal damage to the book cover eg. If this is a hard cover, the dust jacket may be missing. Binding has minimal wear. The majority of pages are undamaged with some creasing or tearing, and pencil underlining of text, but this is minimal. No highlighting of text, no writing in the margins, and no missing pages.
See all condition definitions — opens in a new window or tab Read more about the condition. Business seller information.
- The Reluctant Empress.
- The Man Wants His Boat;
- Empress Elisabeth of Austria.
- Bakers Dozen: In 13 Days, Justin Baker and the World Will Change (Fresh Voices series).
- WikiZero - Empress Elisabeth of Austria.
- Information and Learning in Markets: The Impact of Market Microstructure.
Complete information. Returns policy.